MAKES +/- 20 LARGE COOKIES
I prefer coarse salt, but you could use fine table salt for this recipe. I’d use though only a 1/2 teaspoon!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 9m
- Total Time: 30m
- Yield: 20 cookies
- Category: cookies
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 170 grams unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg (medium or large)at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven // 375 °F -190°C
- Grease the cookie sheets, or do as I do and use baking paper sheets.
- Cream butter. Add sugars and beat on high until light in color and very fluffy (about 3 minutes, or if you’re like me about the length of a song if you listen to music while baking!). Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add gradually to the wet ingredients, scraping down the sides. Beat only until incorporated–avoid over mixing. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop ping-pong- to apricot-sized dough balls onto the cookie sheet, leaving ample space between each ball. They will spread considerably. Cook 9 – 12 minutes until edges are browned and middle is barely set.